BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I'm on the Juice!

I love how Ashley is Miss America all smiles and waving while it's totally written all over my face I'm trying not to puke until I see my dad with the video camera. 9/25/2010
FYI:The song in the video is 'Star' by Andrew Ripp. He's auh-mazing.

My first half marathon.  I don't think I have ever felt more accomplished than I did in that moment.  I educated myself, stayed dedicated, worked hard, and completed my goal.  It's hard to believe that it's already been just a little over a year ago.  I was running anywhere from 15- 25miles a week in training.  I was doing kick boxing, pilates and eating right.  Although I wasn't as skinny as I would like to have been, what girl is? I still felt like I was in the best shape I had ever been in.  Once I crossed the finishline I was so excited and so relieved it was over. Runners get it.  I decided I was going to take a couple weeks off. HA! Well those couple weeks turned into 4 weeks, then into Thanksgiving, and then Christmas.  2 months of nothing but gorging yourself with everything chocolatey, sugary, and buttery.  Then new year's resolution came, which is completely overrated and I pretty much don't know what happened to the rest of year.   Sure - I've went to gym on and off  throughout the past year, I've continued to run here and there, I even got a group of my girlfriends together and helped them train for their first 5k, and I've probably ate healthy every Monday of this year.  You know the saying, I'll start my 'diet' Monday. Despite all that, I've never really truly have been back on the train of living a healthy life style and really got back into running the way that I've wanted to. 

In the mist of chaos in NY learning a new jobliving with 3 mentraffic, etc. I've been asking God to help me get a game plan together on getting on track and truly living a healthy lifestyle permanently and to help me stay focused. I believe that our body is a temple where God's spirit dwells as well as our own soul. It should be important to us all to take care of our bodies and be mindful of what we are allowing to enter it.  Although I believe this way, it's not always so easy living it!

Sunday evening I watched a documentary called 'Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead' by Joe Cross.  In a quick summary it was basically about a man overweight,  on many prescriptions drugs, and  he knew he had to make a change or else... So he went on a juice feasting, which is exactly just that. Feasting on juice from raw fruits and vegetables to reboot his system.  He did it for 60 days, lost weight and was able to come off of all his prescription drugs.  He now eats solids but juicing is now a part of his life.  After doing some futher research I found that some people do as much as up to 92 days of juice feasting. Why 92 days? Research shows there are 92 elements the body needs to function optimally (that are known) - so a 92 day juice feasting is based around that concept. Research further explains that many of us need 92 Days to fully Cleanse, Rebuild, Rehydrate, and Alkalize, to resolve decades-old health challenges. We go back in time about 120 days for each day of Juice Feasting. Extended Feasts take a person into levels of cleansing and being that are not often reached on shorter fasts.

After I watched this documentary and doing some futher research, what did I go and do? I went and bought a juicer! To me, the whole thing just made sense.  When God created food for us to eat, He knew what he was doing.  Why not intake from the earth He has created in raw form.  Now with all that said - I am in no means telling you I'm going Vegan.  I am from the south people.  I gotta have my ribs, other meats, sweets and taters potatoes.  What I am saying is I am going to give this juicing thing a whirl. I want to reboot my system. Hopefully reaping many health benefits at the end of it and being more conscientious of just how many meat, sweets and potatoes I'm putting into my body.  I've done several spiritual fasts before and while I'm not necessarily doing this for spiritual reasons, I'm sure I will reap the benefits of that as well. Some fasts I've done have been easy breezy and others have been tough.  I'm not quite sure how this one will go for me or how long exactly I'm going to do it, but as of right now I am on day 3 of only juice feasting.  I am also going to start running.  I intend on blogging about it at the end of every week on Sunday evenings, don't worry I'll still be blogging thru the week about 'other writing's on the stall' but I went ahead and put it out there now for some accountability from my readers.  Eeek! - the pressure is now setting in.

On Sunday evening I told the guys I was going to start my juice feasting Monday - of course. Jose said he was on board with me! He said we should go to McDonald's for our 'last meal' that evening. Why did he choose McDonald's for our last meal? Jose loves the McRib - It's back! So off to Micky D's we went.  After we ate we decided we needed a 'Sundae on a Sunday' and went back to the counter to order one.  On my way back to our seat I slipped and nearly fell on to the wet floor with no 'Caution:Wet Floor' sign around.  When I slipped I landed on the outside of my ankle.  It hurt like a Mother!  It is still sore so needless to say I've had to delay my running. 

Day 1 - 3
Energy Level: The first day I had a headache all day and went to sleep at 8:30,  what do you expect going through a detox. It's the evening of day 3 and I feel pretty good!
Body changes: My skin is looking less like a child's connect-the-dots workbook. Thank God. This morning when I zipped my jacket up I noticed it wasn't quite as snug.  Also, thank God.
Cravings: Currently the man's pumpkin cheesecake sitting next to me at Barnes & Noble.
Did I cheat: No. However when I was juicing and adding my apple in, I comptemplated eating it as I held it in my hand like a bear holds an eskimo before he eats it alive. #davebarnes
Total miles ran: 0 - no thanks to Micky D's - blasted mighty kids meal, flippin' Sundae on Sunday
Weight lost:6lbs - yep, that's right people 3 days - 6 pounds.
Total weight lost:  6lbs

SIDENOTE: I was rummaging thru the bathroom cabinets  of someone else's house that I am currently living in  and found a scale.  When I found it, I yelled out to the guys and they came running as they were definitely more excited than I was.



Jose's Progress
Day 1: 1 breakfast juicing - he had a McRib for lunch.

Jose.

No comments:

Post a Comment