BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Juice Drama




Omg. Who knew this juicing thing was going to be so stressful! I bought mason jars to go ahead and prepare my juices for the week, but then I found out in order to get all the full benefits of juicing fruits and vegetables it is best to drink the juice within the first 20 minutes of juicing. So back to Target I went to return the mason jars I didn't use.  Trip 1 for returning something.  When you are juice feasting you usually should be drinking at least 1 gallon of juice a day.  That's why it is called juice feasting and not a juice fast. Well with making that much juice and making it fresh everytime, I feel I have practically lived by my juicer all week.  On top of that, the juicer I bought Jack Lalanne's famous as seen on TV juicer comes with 256,534 parts.   "Winna, winna, chicken dinna! - Huff&Puff   <----sarcasm.  Having to discombobulate the thing and washing it 3 times a day was an absolute joy and practically the highlight of my day( x's 3)...  Juicing, washing, juicing, washing, juicing washing. 

On the evening of day 3 it broke.  I was so frustrated, but I refused to let it stop my progress.  I was determined to do this.  So I went to Macy's to return it. Trip # 2 for returning something. I went to Best Buy and bought another juicer.  I didn't know Best Buy sold juicers, who knew! I continued with the juice feasting on into day 4 and into day 5.  On the evening of day 5, guess what.  It broke. Mother of Pearl! Are you flippin' kidding me? I couldn't believe it.  Did I have a juicer curse on me or something? I could feel my eye starting to twitch as I stood staring at the vegetable masarce scene in the kitchen and I then realized I had 2 options 1: I could go buy another juicer realizing that if the next one broke on me I would have to have myself committed or 2: leave the mess, go get something to eat in a non-liquid form, and keep my sanity. I chose the latter.

I left and went to Panera and had the Fuji Apple Salad. It was delicious.  When I came back home I discombobulated the 256,534 part juicer, washed it for the last time and cleaned up the bloody scene messy kitchen.  After work on Day 6 I took the juicer back to Best Buy. Trip # 3 for returning something. I then went and had a manicure and pedicure for more sanity purposes.  As over it as I was, I didn't let it stop my progress.  I have continued to drink only water, make healthy decisions and eat fruits and veggies in their raw form. I have a fridgerator full of vegetables and fruit. Secretly I think I'm glad the juicer broke.  I missed eating. #biggirlconfessions





On another note, today was the NYC Marathon. I followed the marathon on my phone all day while I worked and watched as Geoffrey Mutai broke the NYC marathon record today!  2:05:05 Amazing! #Kenyans  Today was also National World Run day.  Although I didn't make it out for a run today, I did sign up for the 5k Turkey Trot  in Massapequa, NY  in support of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society on Thanksgiving day.  #thankfulformyhealth 

Day 4-7
Energy Level: I had energy all week with the exception of right now.  Having to work 7 days this week got to me.
Body Changes: I've had the hickups for short periods of time everyday this week. Weird.
Cravings: I really haven't had a craving for anything.
Did I cheat: Depends on how you look at. I ditched the juicing, so yes if we're going by that but eating anything unhealthy - no I did not cheat. Go me!
Total miles ran: 3.5 miles.  My ankle finally started feeling better and I went for a run yesterday.
Weight lost: 3 lbs
Total weight loss: 9 lbs  9lbs in 1 week I'll take that. Thank you.

Sidenote: I still want to get all my greens in as they are loaded with micronutrients and many other health benefits from them so I am considering getting a blender tomorrow.  The appliance saga continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment