BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Spooked!

Living in someone else's house that is fully furnished is kind of weird and creepy.   The house is owned by a brother and sister.  It used to be their parents house before they both passed on.  I don't think anything has changed since the old people that died lived here.  There are still diplomas hanging on the wall and creepy portrait paintings of people I have no idea who they are.  The first couple weeks I lived here I noticed a new Nik Nak everyday #ihateniknaks, but it's not like, "Oh how cool or cute is that!" it's more like..."Uhhhh ....?"  Like this picture for example...

I didn't notice the Village People  here in our kitchen until after I had been here a week.  And what's with the mini pony?  The whole scene - just creepy. Though it goes so well with the vintage 1960's apples wallpaper. #classic 

or what about these guys?


Jose and I noticed this sculpted man just last week.  Okay, Okay... the Star Wars figurine Jose and I found in the crack of the couch cushion and decided the 'down in the dumps' sculpted man needed a friend.  So we set him up on the window seal by him and have left him there ever since.  Bless him.

On top of this house having weird creepy Nik Naks that just keep 'showing up'..... every night at 11:50PM the outside flood light comes on right outside my bedroom window.  At first, I didn't think anything about it, but then I started noticing it comes on every night at the same time!  I don't know what or who it could be. It just adds to the creepiness. 

SidenoteI would just like to say that watching Parnormal Activity 2 with Jose last week has probably contributed to the 'spooked sensor' in me.  I have not watched a scary movie since the first 'Saw' came out.   When that old man got up off the floor....o.m.g.!

In honor of keeping up with the theme going in the house,  on our way to work we passed a church that was selling pumpkins! It was such a pretty site and it made me happy! On our way back 'home' I asked Huff&Puff if we could stop so I could buy a couple pumpkins.  He huffed about it some naturally, but I told him to take a chill pill puff and pullover.   


 Jose and I have plans to carve the pumpkins sometime this week and I bought the stuff to make Apple Cider. Yum-O.



And now time for the Huff&Puff Corner:

One day this week Huff&Puff and I had to go to Staten Island. Traffic was terrible as usual and besides listening to the horns blowing, in the background, we had a wonderful music selection going as well -Nickelback. God help me! We were in the truck for an hour and a half on the interstate and once we approached our exit...well, he missed it.  There were no other exits coming up except to have to pay a toll and go thru The Lincoln Tunnel which brings you smack dab into downtown Manhattan The City.  Once he realized he missed the exit he immediately blamed and cussed out the GPS and proceeded to then rip it off the dashboard and throw it into the backseat of the truck.  I was scared. No sooner than he did that, I heard a little lady robotic voice coming from behind me saying "Recalculating...." I then wanted to laugh in hysterics!

Okay working with someone for 12 hours a day and living with them as well, you start to notice the things they say and do. Well there has been several things I've noticed about all my roommates , but one inparticular....Huff&Puff.  He has this quote he says everytime he gets excited about something or something goes his way he says in his redneck auctioneer voice, "Winna! Winna! Chicken Dinna!" It drives me NUTS! I just want to yell back at him sarcastically and say... "WOO! Yyyyeah! Heehaw! Papaw!"  Then gallop like a cowboy tossing a rope.





Til next time....





2 comments: