BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, March 31, 2012

NYC Family Vacation



My brothers & sisters have come and gone and I miss them already. The night they arrived we had dinner together and even though they were tired and it was late, we decided to head into the city. After all, this is the city that never sleeps. Below is a video of Tara finally getting her 15 minutes of fame in Times Square.



We walked nearly every inch of the city from Time Square, Central Park, Greenwich Village, SoHo,  Chinatown and Little Italy.  BJ didn't want to leave the Theater District and Chelsea was thrilled when she finally got to see the Statue of Liberty.  She's a weird kid.  We spent a day at the beach grilling out and frolicking in the sand.  That was Heath's first time to see the beach.  He didn't want to leave. 

That evening after the beach, we all went to see The Hunger Games.   What an adventure that turned out to be. Before the movie began and even before the previews, Chelsea needed to use the restroom and on her way down our row she bumped into a woman's chair infront of us.  The woman turned around and started going off like a crazy woman yelling at Chelsea in her New Yorker accent, "Hey! There are people sittin' heaya!"   My thoughts were Ummm hello? It's...The Hunger Games. It's a packed house lady.  We are fully aware you're sitting there and it is a strong possibility someone may bump into your chair and I know you're not yelling at my little sister!  Instantly, before Chelsea could even get an 'I'm sorry' out of her mouth, I wasted no time to tell this lady my exact thoughts!   As mad as I was, I couldn't even get all that I had to say out. Apparently, Tara had the same thoughts and started in on the lady at the same time I did except everything Tara was yelling at her it was all in an attempted New York accent. I couldn't even finish my sentence for laughing at her!  Needless to say I let Tara handle that one. 

That is just one of the many adventures we had throughout the week.  Just to name a few: Tara found love in Little Italy, things got a little sketchy shopping in Chinatown, we had a good old fashion family argument in Central Park, I was pranked by a Zombie in Times Square, Chelsea had her hair cut by Edward Sissorhands, BJ got his first tattoo, we met some very interesting characters on the train, along with a delay on our train ride home one night due to an and I quote "blood bath"  a few carts ahead of us.  All in all we had a blast and my time with them went by too fast.













No comments:

Post a Comment