BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The Color Run Philadelphia

This weekend I went to Philadelphia and participated in 'the happiest 5k on the planet'.  The Color Run.  It was by far the most fun race I've done thus far.  It was the 3rd largest 5k in America this year with a total of 23,633 runners.


  On Saturday I picked up my registration packet and it came with an awesome t-shirt, an awesome 1980's sweatband, a packet of colored powder and your bib number.  The paint or colored powder is basically dyed cornstarch.

 I wanted to start the day off right and post a picture to let the social media world know I was pumped for the race. I decided to go with an excited face and an awkward thumbs because it's funny.  However it was early and it took a few tries to get the right photo.  Here's a behind the scenes look at my 'gotta get the right picture for fb' photo shoot.   You know you've all done it.  



I finally got one and went with this gem.


The Color Run consists of everyone wearing as much white as possible and at every kilometer in the race you run thru a 'Color Zone'.  The first color was orange, then blue, yellow and green.  Here are a couple pictures I snapped at the yellow and blue color zones. 



At the end when you cross the finish line, there is a huge color festival.  The packet that was given to you at registration you keep with you during your run. Then every fifteen minutes the new runners coming in attend the color festival where there is a DJ and a huge mosh pit full of crazy kooky dancing and at the same time everyone throws their opened color packet in the air! 



This was the aftermath of the color festival...




I have several friends running The Color Run in Nashville come October.  Here are a few tips on things you will be glad I mentioned to you. 1. If you are the type of person who runs with their phone or wants to take pictures along the way.  I would recommend you put your phone in a ziplock bag.  I brought one for mine and it worked just fine.  2. Wear sunglasses! You'll be so glad you did when you go through the color zones.   Plus how awesome will you look with some super cool crazy colored stunna shades during the run. 3. Bring a towel to sit on for your drive home. 4. You should totally get some awesome crazy cool running knee high running socks.  You can order them off of this website. Knee high sport socks I loved mine and bought 3 other pair! 5. Supposedly if you spray vinegar on your shirt, socks, etc. and then iron it before washing.  The color will stay.  I have yet to try that to my shirt so I can't give a full report if it will work or not.  


6. When you are going through color zone blue.  I recommend you fight the urge to raise yo' hands in the air and cut a rug. Please see the picture below.  As you can tell, I got 'colored' good under the arms and needless to say I had stained smurf armpits for 3 days.  


7. HAVE FUN! It is by far one of the coolest runs and experiences you'll ever have. 


Before and After

P.S.  I apologize for some of the tiny photographs. I have no idea why, but every time I tried to make my pictures bigger they became blurry.  =/  

No comments:

Post a Comment